Collecting Jazz at Indiana University

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Thoughts on my experiences thus far

I've had a lot of fun working to expand both my knowledge of Jazz and collection development issues and practices this semester. I hope that I've provided some valued services to the music library at Indiana University.

I've had a good time reading literature on collection development that I chose to read, not a list of readings that was imposed upon me by a course instructor. I think the most valuable readings were Michael Fling's book, Library Acquisition of Music, and Ross Atkinson's article, "Six Key Challenges for the Future of Collection Development: Introduction for the Janus Breakout Sessions." These would be good documents for any library intern for music to read.

In the next few days I plan on taking a closer look at Jazz reviews in current Jazz periodicals to select new recordings for the library collection. I also plan on taking a look at the library video collections for Jazz. That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home